The Ocho

A home away from home for the college football fan who's tired of the talking heads not knowing what they're talking about.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

as the year winds down...

i thought it might be fun to look back at our preseason bcs predictions. since i have the most to lose i'll go first. my picks:

Rose Bowl: Southern Cal v. Texas
Fiesta: Louisville v. Michigan
Sugar: Va Tech v. Florida
Orange: Iowa v. Tenn.

needless to say, i'm glad i didn't put any money on these. although, looks like i'll nail the rose (no biggie), and i've got a shot at the sugar.

upon reviewing earlier posts, i can't find any other bowl predictions. maybe joepa and i were swapping them in e-mail. if anyone else remembers where you made those picks, feel free to add to the thread.

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Venu G. Nair said...

I had USC-Miami for the Rose Bowl...

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Brad said...

usc/miami could still happen.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Da Craw said...

Here were my BCS bowl picks, though not assigned to any bowls:

So, I got Miami, USC, and Texas right, kind of. Ugh. I'm starting to agree with Brad about pre-season polls . . .

"My BCS picks: Pitt; Miami; Michigan; Texas; Southern Cal; and Tenn as conference champs. Oklahoma and Boise State get the at-large bids (I think the Broncos can knock off their BCS opponents, and they'll run through an even weaker WAC. They've got the benefit of being preranked this year, and I don't think other than Texas (hopefully) or Southern Cal, that there will be any undefeateds besides them)."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home