The Ocho

A home away from home for the college football fan who's tired of the talking heads not knowing what they're talking about.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Bowl Bids So Far - How Bad Were My Predictions?

Here are the teams who have accepted bowl bids so far:

Arkansas State to the New Orleans Bowl (I picked La.-Monroe as the Sun Belt rep)
Colorado State vs. Navy in the Poinsettia Bowl (I had New Mexico vs NC State)
Toledo is going to the GMAC Bowl (I tapped Bowling Green as the MAC participant)
BYU is in the Las Vegas Bowl (Amazingly, I picked that one right, though not its opponent . . .)
The Insight Bowl matches Arizona State and Rutgers (I had Rutgers, and figured the Pac 10 wouldn't fill its slot, so I had Houston picking up the slack)
Utah is going to the Emerald Bowl (Hey, I had Colo. State to come from the MWC)
Fresno State is going to Memphis to play in the Liberty Bowl (And here I thought it would be TCU)
TCU, meanwhile, is travelling over I-30, and down I-45 to go to the Houston Bowl (See above for my thoughts on TCU)
The Cardinals of Louisville are going to the Gator Bowl (I think the Gator Bowl reps figured that ND would get its BCS bid, and, unfortunately, didn't like my pick of South Florida)

There you have it: Out of the 11 teams that have accepted bowl bids so far, I picked 2 correctly. 2 of 11 - at least I'm doing better at this than Syracuse did this year at football (that's what you get for taking the "men" out of your name, 'Cuse!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home