The Ocho

A home away from home for the college football fan who's tired of the talking heads not knowing what they're talking about.

Monday, August 21, 2006

my picks for the season

i need to hurry and get these done. the following are my picks in the bcs conferences, and then my picks for the bcs bowls and nat'l championship game. i will pick a division winner, the runner up will be the second place team, but not necessarily the loser of the conference championship game, and then i'll pick a dark-horse.

big 12

1st place: Texas (thanks rhett)
2nd place: Oklahoma
dark horse: Texas Tech (if Tech had their schedule from last year, i might be inclined to pick them for 1st.)

big 10:

1st place: Ohio State
2nd place: Iowa
dark horse: Penn St. (fortunately, the ND game is not a conference game. and Penn St. is DUE against Michigan)

big least:

1st place: West Va.
2nd place: Louisville
dark horse: there is no dark horse

acc:

1st: Florida St.
2nd: Miami
dark horse: Clemson

sec:

1st: Florida
2nd: Auburn (sorry, jimbo)
dark horse: LSU (ridiculous schedule)

pac 10:

1st: USC
2nd: Cal.
dark horse: Oregan (again, sorry jimbo, i can't jump on the Wazzu bandwagon)

National Championship game: Texas vs. W. Va. (i hate this. i'm picking Texas with my heart, and W. Va. b/c i have to.)

Rose: Ohio St. vs. USC

Orange: Florida St. vs. Notre Dame (ND could lose three games and still end up in the BCS.)

Sugar: Iowa vs. Florida

Fiesta: California v. LSU (Auburn's loss in the SEC championship game knocks them out of BCS. Cal finally gets its chance to be embarrassed in a BCS bowl.)

there you go. saved for posterity. tear it apart boys.

4 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Brad said...

a slight annotation to my 1st post. i went back and looked at my predictions on this blog last year, and i nailed Texas vs. USC in the Rose. yeah, i know, really went out on a limb, but i am full of confidence in my pick for this year. except that i totally blew the other bowl picks. oh well.

i also notice i wrote a short novel on Texas last year, and you guys totally deserve my attention in that area. therefore, i pledge to get my act together and post knowledge on this year's longhorns.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Brad said...

1) I agree Tenn. will be better. But I'll stick with my Florida pick.
2) I think there will be some two loss teams in the BCS this year. A loss the Tenn. and USC may not keep Cal. out of the BCS.
3) Believe me, I want WVU to fail miserably. An unbeaten WVU would be an abomination on the land.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Brad said...

oh yeah, and thanks for not totally killing my pick of texas. it would be tempting to say this will be a two game season, but even if texas manages to beat both ahia st. and mobilehoma, the trips to lubbock and lincoln will loom.

but more on texas later.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Brad said...

i haven't heard the comments to which you are referring. however, mack brown attended the DKR school of coach speak. Royal used to make the sisters of the poor sound like the best team on the planet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home